Tuesday, December 20, 2011

~ Walking Amongst Her ~


     I'm very much "in love" with nature!  It is when I'm standing in her grace & beauty, that I most feel at home.  Personal problems either large or small, become very insignificant when you stand among her.........she is healing.

    Nature affords me the chance to follow my interests and reduces pressures, fears, introjects and social expectations.  The natural world affects my values and aspirations..........mostly my intrinsic aspirations. When I spend time in nature, I place a higher value on community/connectedness values and a lower value on self-oriented values.  Full contact with nature has humanizing effects on me.

   For me, a call to understand that nature is not inert, passive or limited in intelligence, lends creedence to the fact that we humans are not more intelligent than nature and vice-versa.  There is nothing that happens outside, which is not inside us. Nature is spiritual, we are spiritual beings......the two go hand in hand.


    And so..........I reach for that intrinsic connectedness, for that smell of life, for that beauty, for peace.........for my life!
  

  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment